Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Minor hauntings.

Hello. Have you been neglected slightly? What were you wanting to know? We could tell you about the proofs of the poetry book (Razzamatazz & Other Poems: The Leaf Books Poetry Anthology 2006) that returned at the end of last week and were great and fine and approved. The book's looking ever so splendid and should be available for purchase in about a week's time. We'll let you know when this promise comes to fruition.

But the big news of the day is that one of the toilet cubicles is haunted, or plagued, or possibly beset by or with scorpions. I was occupying said cubicle and was not unnecessarily perturbed by anything I encountered therein until I emerged to learn that people had been lingering around outside talking about 'something scary within' and hoping to zap it, and when it was free they flooded in on a mission of sorts and they wouldn't tell us what was going on. I am faintly disturbed.

(Also we have a new telephone number, which we mentioned once before, but we meant to mention it again. It was the lack of telephone calls that reminded us. It's on the contact page of the website. Possibly putting telephone numbers on blogs leaves one open to telephonic spamming, and that would be somewhat miserable.)

Yes.

Sam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telephonic spamming? Goodness.

And what of these scorpions? I must say that all I've encountered in the lavatory is a startling turbo hand-drier and numerous instances of missing-hands-with-soap.

I'm stealing the proofs tonight, by the way.

-- Matthew.

Anonymous said...

Matthew, you freak. I'm eight feet away from you. FINE. I'm going to communicate by burning letters into the desk (not now, patently, for I am already communicating in a comparitavely sensible way).

Scorpions, yes. Masses of them, I shouldn't wonder. They were sending ghostbusters in and everything.

Proofs. Got it. Bravo.

-- Sam.