Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Breaking things for fun.

Momentarily at a loss for something to do before the minor deluge that was the arrival of the post, I was pleasantly surprised when I inadvertantly scattered several hundred paper clips across the carpet and was obliged to dedicate a good ten minutes to their retrival. We have a very fine collection of paper clips. One of them's purple, one of them's industrial in size and significance and another is entirely round. Ceci was speculating as to whether we made a net loss or a net gain when it came to paper clips, but I'm fairly confident that we harvest from competition entries more paper clips than we subsequently commit to bundles of paper in need of shepherding.

Next, I might, for my own amusement, dismantle and remantle the photocopier.

Sam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many paper clips?
Perhaps you could attach a free paper clip with each free book!

I want the purple one, or the cola flavour one, oops sorry that's jelly beans!

Please excuse the cheap use of exclamation marks!

Babble.

Leaf Books said...

So clever! But, as Captain Darling would doubtless concur, I don't think one can ever have too many paper clips....