Monday, October 02, 2006

The Books (part the first)

Today started not altogether well. En route from the station to my place of work, a person of sorts drove past me (the narrator) at full pelt, through a fairly hefty puddle of very cold and very stagnant water, and soaked me quite publicly from head to foot. The general public maintained a decent and unlaughing silence. I had an umbrella, but because the BBC told me it wouldn't rain and because I didn't actually expect to assaulted horizontally by monsoons, I had no coat. I was quite drenched. And I had to spend the remainder of the working day quite drenched with my shoes and socks and jumper having an exciting and not entirely fruitful excursion on the radiator. I downloaded the final few entries to the Summer Short Story competition in a not altogether bouyant and merrisome spirit, but I downloaded them none the less, and now they are databased, and all is fairly well on that score.

And as for the new books?I don't know! I went home before the designated deadline for their arrival, because I needed to change my socks. They may have come. They may not have come. Only Gavin knows the answer.

TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT THRILLING... ooh, QI on UKG2. Acronym heaven. Later.

PS. Ceci. Tomorrow. BBC Radio Wales. 7.20am. I know, but I thought I might as well tell you all the same.

Sam.

No comments: