Wednesday, November 15, 2006

On Publicity & Marketing & Having Sore Eyes

The keenly-eyed and beady-fingered (?) of you might well have noticed the posh banner we've got occurring in the sidebar over there ---->

Well, that's been made to facilitate the new media world that is blogging, myspace, livejournals, the lot. Believe me I'm quite the turbo geek so it's of no surprise to me that these things work. Essentially it gives us a 'click-through', that is, that someone clicks it and flies through to the Leaf website whereupon they fall over, marvelling at how brilliant our books are.

I meant to say something earlier but by all means please take one for your own blog, myspace, livejournal or even website. I know writers are more keen on having official websites than scrawly blogs but there we are. If you don't know how to embed one then don't hesitate to email us -- I'll say something nice to you with instruction. Otherwise you can email and request that you very much want to use the code, and with forthright politeness I'll send you it at once.

After that you can place it in your HTML editor, or your 'edit profile' page, or any place really that might happily support a spot of pan-internet sorcery.

Our appreciation is -- and always will be -- legion.

Matt.

PS: I sourced out my own safety-pin thank you. And elsewhere my eyes are behaving wrongly and are resolutely hurting my upper-face. And... and and and... if you're doing the National Novel Writing Month... well. You understand precisely what I mean, and good luck to you. I'm 8,000 words behind schedule myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt, Sorry no-one sent you any safety-pins, I suppose we all thought you'd be sent millions, so we didn't bother!

I've just registered for NaNoWriMo... am I mad?? Less than 2 weeks to go and 50,000 words to write... Woohoo! I love a challenge!

Babble.

Anonymous said...

Love the LeafBooks banner, it is truly beautiful. I will attempt to put one on my blog one of these days.
I attempted NaNoWriMo last year, and realised that I have quantity issues. I am definitely a short story writer, the shorter the better. I spent all my time in the NaNoWriMo forums moaning along with the others about how low my word count was. That was fun, but not quite what it's all about, eh?
Go, brave novelists!