Thursday, November 02, 2006

Also!

Because I am a scruff and because I wear my jeans too low, I have a hole at the bottom of my left trouser leg.

Would anyone be kind enough to include a decent-sized safety pin in their next postal submission to us?

The first person to do so will get a photograph of my repaired jeans placed here, with many kind thankyous added to the post. In effect they will receive an entry dedicated entirely to them .

No really, they will. I can't actually walk in them. It's very sad. They are my favourite jeans.

Help.

Matt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A safety pin through ripped jeans? I had an image of suits and elegance...

Perhaps next time you could get a needlesmith to take up your jeans so they don't get caught below your shoes... trainers??

Or if metal is more your thing, you could get trigger happy with the stapler.

Babble

Anonymous said...

Suits and elegance are quite absent from myself, though for the others this is something not so far removed. Mostly staples terrify me, but as a temporary measure it might work. Did you know that it is 2.27am? That, precisely, is how dedicated (and drunk) I am.

Ho hum. Sorry to've shattered all illusion. I knew a needlesmith once, but alas my jeans were not to be so happily aquainted with my low-ish trainers.

Have a fond sleep now.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I was unaware of the lateness of the hour or of your dedication. I trust you found yourself not unlike a complete wreckage when you awoke from your slumber.

May you be fortunate enough to encounter a new needlesmith; while walking through deserted streets, you hear her calling your name through the mist, 'Matt... Matt...'

Or, you could chop your jeans off below the knees and wear them in the summer.

Have a good day.

Babble.

Leaf Books said...

'Suits and elegance are quite absent from myself, though for the others this is something not so far removed.'

Well, quite. I, for example, am particularly at home in a substantial draping of pinstripe.

Chuh.

Sam.

Anonymous said...

'a substantial draping of pinstripe.'

Something reminiscent of Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen perhaps?

Babble.