Thursday, March 29, 2007

Nearly news.

Bother. I think perhaps I accidentally changed the font size. NEVER MIND. Good morning. We seem to have gone an awfully long time without blogging. I say 'We seem' as if I didn't know perfectly well it'd been eons and the like since we last put up a post. We're not wholly lacking excuses. The office building in which we currently reside lost its internet connection for a week or so, so that threw us all into a bit of a confusion. And I've tried a couple of times to update from home, but my computer there won't much be having it. Windows ME, you know. Doesn't let me do most things. But I think the primary reason was that we actually had very little in the way of news because we're pretty much tied up with judging the most recently closed poetry and short story competitions. It's a bit epic. The emphasis, I suppose, being on 'bit'. But it's quite a lot of judging all right and I gather the website implies that it might be over by the end of this month, and that's not really going to be the case. But we do hope to announce the poetry results within about a week or possibly two, and the short stories shortly after that. As ever, the results will go up here, on this blog, when they're ripe for the announcing. You shan't miss them if you keep checking. We don't meanly sneak out competition results when people aren't looking.

We do have a smear of news today. The Better Craftsman and Other Stories has been emailed off to the printer and should hopefully be back with us in whatever amount of time these things usually take. And then you can buy it for £6.99, which will make us inordinately happy. It's a grand little collection and it has ten entirely spiffing stories in it, and also quite an exciting cover.

And I really do plan on getting up to speed with the novellas today. Really I do.

Sam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great and mildly sad shame that you (who?) don't blog a bit more. After all it may be good for you. But mostly because you make the routine things (routine? I cannot be serious!)sound splendid and exciting. Sort of Famous Five but no dog. Oh! Is there a dog? Or lemonade. Do you like lemonade too?

Leaf Books said...

Oh. You're quite a lovely well-wisher. We should blog a bit more. We shall attempt to bear that in mind.

There is no dog. We do have an emergency office poncho that we consider a mascot of sorts, and there's some description of pot-plant on the windowsill.

I personally do not like lemonade, because I can't swallow fizzy things. It's quite comical to watch. I thought it was ginger beer with the Famous Five though. Nor do we have an uncle called Quentin. We do hunt for treasure and that though.

Sam.

Anonymous said...

Not wishing to distract you from Important Things, but...apologies for the lemonade. Of course, ginger beer. And my mother always told me not to mix my drinks. I won't ask what colour the poncho is though. Happy hunting!