Thursday, January 25, 2007

Typots.

Dear Readers. I know there is a typo in the addendum to the newsletter. I know this because two people have... kindly... written to tell us. And to offer their proofreading services. An Unnamed Member of the Team has... thoughtfully... passed on my name to them as the one responsible, which is nothing more than the truth. I know also that it's fairly important that, being a publishing company, we try reasonably hard not to come off as unduly illiterate. I apologise, therefore, and grovel, and primarily acknowledge my abject failure. At life. At copywriting anyway. Though also, admittedly, at life. Other people - if you're better qualified for my job than I myself am, and quite frankly, you patently are... go for it. It will lessen my ALMIGHTY SHAME. Seriously though. I'm genuinely debating whether or not to bank my next paycheque.

If I'd been The Guardian, probably I would've misspelled all the names in the dog breeds chart that they somehow managed to get right.

Anyway. Mostly what I'm saying is, though I'm appreciative of the learnin' and that, please don't write to tell me about it ever, ever again. Not never.

There's good fellows.

Sam.

4 comments:

Leaf Books said...

That means no prizes for the next person to point out said error. Though I wouldn't have spotted it if my life depended on it.

I am slightly in awe for those who did. I am always in awe of Sam's linguistic abilities. Especially after reading some of her feedback to writers. Though I still can't stop myself from using the odd comma splice.

gav.

Anonymous said...

Hi Team,
is it possible to submit a story online and then forward payment in the post?

Leaf Books said...

We'd rather not to be honst. It gets rather confusing. Any chance you can print it out and send it along with your payment?

Anonymous said...

Yes, will have to do that, just worrying about missing the deadline.