Thursday, August 31, 2006

Databasing, books, poetry, hearty food.

I shall open with an apology for the previous post, in which I was apparently channelling Dame Edna Everage to an unsettling degree.

I shall speak to you for the length of one paragraph about databasing. Yesterday, in the space of perhaps three hours, I spent twelve long years databasing competition entries. It is undeniably a worthwhile endeavour. It prevents us from losing your contact details should we absentmindedly consume your entry forms. But it's not creative work. I suppose I could compose a song, of sorts, about it. A database shanty. Yes. I'll let you know how that comes along. I'll be sure to include plenty of 'heaves'.

I shall briefly mention the upcoming titles, details of which are available on the website. The proofs, which are too darling for words really, have been proofed and the slightly tweaked files are going to be sent to the printer practically before you'll be able to blink. And then shortly after that there will be books. Keep checking the website. That's my advice.

I shall also say that the results of the poetry competition are due to be announced more imminently than I can possibly express. Keep checking the website. That's my answer to everything.

And I shall close by telling you that, this very lunchtime, we're all going for an executive meeting. IN THE PUB.

Do write and tell us tales of your envy.

Sam.

No comments: